Contact: Miriam P. Sanders 954-344-9822, ext 215
Coral Springs, FL-The UPLC™ Universal Power-line Carrier from the Pulsar unit of AMETEK Power Instruments represents the next generation in power-line carrier technology. Incorporating the latest digital signal processor and very large-scale integration components, the UPLC is clearly the most versatile and advanced power-line carrier available for protection signaling today.
The power industry has relied upon power-line carriers for more than 100 years for protective relay channels and remote tripping functions. The UPLC has been shipping since 2005 for applications with legacy relay systems as well as state of the art microprocessor systems. Consistent with Pulsar’s commitment to improved ease of use and versatility, the following features are incorporated:
· Full frequency programmability (30 - 535 kHz) without filter groups
· Automatic calibration of transmitter and receiver
· Over 4000 sequence of events, time-tagged to 1 ms resolution
· Uses standard internet browser for configuration - no software to load on your pc
· Front panel HMI for testing, calibration and monitoring
· Standard configurations pre-loaded
· Reflected power reading
· New 4-Frequency logic with two independent commands
The Pulsar unit of AMETEK Power Instruments is a leading supplier of communication equipment for general power and telecommunication applications. AMETEK Inc. is a recognized leader in power measurement, recording instrumentation, electronic instruments and electric motors used by the electric power and manufacturing industries with annualized sales of more than $1.6 billion.
For more information, contact AMETEK Power Instruments, 4050 NW 121st Avenue, Coral Springs, FL 33065. Tel: 954-344-9822. E-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.pulsartech.com
# # #
Click here for a hi-res image of the Pulsar UPLC